Thursday, April 9, 2009

I'm not into punk...

But I dig the culture, the art, and the swagg...but where are the ladies sizes!! that's one complaint I have about the underground clothing/streetwear brands; they always lack when it comes to ladies steez.

we wanna stunt too fellas!


cop yours @ www.HellaCa.com

ALSO! I wanna shout out to the lady that shot Yasi (of ask Yasi @TH.com) this email::

Dear Yasi,

I can see that you know a lot about personal style and clothes and accessories
of all sorts, so I have a question for you that comes to my mind quite
regularly that applies directly. Over the years, my personal style has
evolved to what is now very simple, nonchalant, and stylish (in my opinion). I
used to wear a number of different Nike SB dunks, brand name printed t-shirts
(ex. hellz bellz, the hundreds…) and other very urban kinda flashy stuff. Now,
I still wear my brand name t-shirts with cool designs, but now I just wear a
simple pair of skinny jeans, 3 different plain pairs of vans eras on rotation
with some other plain shirts (maybe throw in some flannels) and odd ends topped
off with American Apparel flex hoodies. Every now and then, I look in my closet
or at my over abundance of Nike SB’s, dunks, and other accessories I bought and
think…damn…I wasted a lot of money. I look at that stuff and think…Why?
What was I thinking? I am probably never going to wear those again. I guess I
went through a phase of wanting to be flashy and show people I know about all
these cool brands that no one else does. Long story short, I wanted to show off
and look “cool”. Now I don’t care about that stuff and I feel my style is where
it should be and is more me. I wake up, take about five minutes to decide what
I want to wear, and I always feel comfortable and stylish. I don’ really care
what others see now. Such style in so much simplicity, you know what I mean
right? I was just wondering if you ever went through this phase and if you ever
see things around your closet and ponder…what was I thinking when I bought all
this stuff? Do you think it’s just a vicious cycle?

T

(via The Hundreds )

she rambled a bit but you get the point. I am a fashion design student, albeit majorly MAJORLY detoured. Nonetheless, I understand the utility, and importance of fashion. BUT for some, I feel it's just a badge that they wear to scream "IM BETTER THAN YOU" - however, labels don't mask the truth...or as my Grammy would say: "You can put lipstick on a pig, that doesn't mean it's a lady."

you don't have to pop a tag on real swagg

No comments:

Post a Comment