Tuesday, April 14, 2009

disturbia!! // pAArty!!

unless you've been living under a rock (or maybe you just have a life...regardless), you know the backstory to the Chris Brown/Rihanna beatdown. In related news, L.A.-based pop artist Sham Ibrahim has taken the now infamous Rihanna police evidence photo, and turned it into a work of art in Worhol form.



I know what you're thinking! Sham is using the peice to bring to light the severity of domestic abuse in this country. Sham is trying to bridge the gap between Rihanna and many of women today. Sham is saying that domestic abuse is now POPULAR right??

When asked about the piece Ibrahim said this:


“I thought the bruises in the police photo were interesting shapes to draw... it was cool to color them pink and blue. Those are two of my favorite colors. There is no message to any of my art, It’s meant to look cool hanging on your wall and that’s it! I’m not into deep meanings.”


hmm. well. Contrary to what Dave Chappelle thinks, keepin it real never really goes wrong, I suppose.

(via Crunk and Disorderly...btw it was given 3/5 Sad LiL Mama Faces lmao)

in personal and unrelated events I attended a crackin ass house warming for my girl Zaida. Her home is lovely, and she hosted a damn good party. Carne Asada, salsa, lots of Patron, and lots of good friends. You know the food and bev dept had to show our asses a lil bit haha...but that's how we roll!



ain't no party like a San Manuel work party on a monday night! and if you don't know, that's because you've never been cool enough to be invited to one, boo!

I did had to leave early...by my estimates the party is still goin strong. BUT, im a married
woman, so ii had a curfew. Plus, I wanted to come home to my man and spark some of cali's finest...



jealous??

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment